Six for $60: May 2019 Six reds or six whites, deep-discounted to a gloriously meager sixty smackers! Double down (two sets of white, two sets of red, or a set of each) and chop off an additional ten dollars on your colossal case of varied vino!
Click on the image above for a complete listing and set of descriptions for the wines included in this month's Six for Sixty™ sets.
Wine Authorities' Sangria Recipe Here is our now "world famous" version of Sangria that will make you famous! We recommend our Aliaga - Tempranillo for the base red wine and Mas Codina - Brut Cava to add the necessary sparkle. Click the sangria pitcher for the full recipe.
Say Cheese! Wine Authorities is also the authority of cheese! We now boast one of the largest selections in Raleigh, and we have new charcuterie from small producers across the country. We are constantly adding to our cheese, meat and grocery gems. A dynamic satellite selection of these cheeses is featured in our Durham shop!
On Draft in Raleigh Crank Arm Brewing - Whitewall Wit - Raleigh
Birabilla - Cider Gourmet - Basque, Spain
Clouds Brewing - Amber Ale - Raleigh
Trophy Brewing - Trophy Wife IPA - Raleigh
Ponysaurus Brewing Co - Pilsner - Durham
Haw River Brewing - Oatmeal Pale Ale - Saxapahaw
The Enomatic - Self Serve Wine Tasting The Enomatic is a self serve wine tasting machine from Italy, but here in Durham we like to think of it as the "Enoriver of Wine." We have 12 wines on tap - 4 white and 8 red. The selections change all the time. You purchase an Enomatic "debit" card at the register. Plug it in and have some fun trying new grape varietals, new wine regions and wines of all prices. When the card runs low on value, just recharge it at the register. It's yours to keep and reuse over and over. We have free tastings every Saturday between 12 and 3 PM at the bar and the rest of the time we have...the Enomatic! The cards make a great gift.
On the Enomatic in Raleigh: Reds Here's what's currently/recently on tap on Raleigh:
1. Anton Bauer - Zweigelt "Feuersbrunn" - Wagram, Austria ($15.99)
2. Chateau Lusseau - Graves "Cuvèe Berengere" - Bordeaux, France ($19.99)
3. La Casaccia - Barbera del Monferrato "Giuanin" - Piemonte, Italy ($15.99)
4. Meinklang - Burgenland Red - Burgenland, Austria ($17.99)
5. Casa Los Frailes - Tinto "Bilogia" - Valencia, Spain ($13.99)
6. Mas de Libian - Cotes-du-Rhone "Khayyàm" - Rhone Valley, France ($19.99)
7. Quinta de Sant'Ana - Pinot Noir - Lisboa, Portugal ($21.99)
8. Bliss Vineyards - Cabernet Sauvignon - Mendocino, California ($13.99)
9. Altosur - Malbec - Mendoza, Argentina ($10.99)
10. Centorame -Montepulciano d'Abruzzo "Scuderie Ducali" - Abruzzo, Italy ($12.99)
11. Domaine Cady - Anjou Rouge - Loire Valley, France (12.99)
12. Bodegas Arrocal - Tinto - Ribera del Duero, Spain ($19.99)
13. Corte Majoli - Valpolicella Classico - Veneto, Italy ($10.99)
14. Aureto - "Petit Miracle" - Southern Rhone, France ($34.99)
15. Domaine Borie la Vitarèle - St. Chinian "Les Schistes" - Languedoc, France ($19.99)
16. Mas Codina - Cabernet Sauvignon Roble - Penedes, Spain ($10.99)
On the Enomatic in Raleigh: Whites Here's what's currently/recently on tap on Raleigh:
1. Bodegas Pardevalles - Albarín - Tierra de Leon ($13.99)
2. Strauss - Samling 88 Classic - Steiermark, Austria ($14.99)
3. Labranche Laffont - Pachernec du Vic Bilh - Madiran, France ($19.99)
4. Karp-Schreiber - Riesling "My Karp" - Mosel, Germany ($17.99)
5. Domaine la Grangette - Picoti Picota - Languedoc, France ($11.99)
6. Bodegas Tempore - Rosado de Garnacha "Terrae" - Catalyud, Spain ($10.99)
7. Chateau de Lancyre - Pic-Saint Loup "Le Rose" - Languedoc, France ($19.99)
8. Azienda Agricola Marchesini Marcello - Chiaretto Classico - Veneto, Italy ($16.99)
On the Enomatic in Durham Here's what's currently/recently on tap on Durham:
1. Quinta de Sant’Ana - Pinot Noir - Lisboa, Spain ($21.99)
2. Domaine Borie la Vitarèle - "Les Schistes" - Languedoc, France ($19.99)
3. Kingston Family Vineyards - Syrah "Lucero" - Casablanca Valley, Chile ($19.99)
4. Bodegas Tempore - Garancha Joven "Terrae Finca Vasallo" - Aragon, Spain ($19.99)
5. Casa Los Frailes - Monastrell Vinas Viejas "Dolomitas" - Valencia, Spain ($24.99)
6. Georg Albrecht Schneider - Dornfelder Trocken - Rheinhessen, Germany ($15.99)
7. Hillinger - Pinot Noir "Eveline" - Burgenland, Austria ($19.99)
8. Castello di Verduno - Nebbiolo Langhe - Piemonte, Italy ($21.99)
1. Mas de Libian - Cotes du Rhone Blanc "Cave Vinum" - Rhone Valley, France ($18.99)
2. Clos Troteligotte - Chardonnay "K-Libre" - Southwest, France ($25.99)
3. Domaine Cady - Rosé de Loire - Middle Loire, France ($11.99)
4. Paddy Borthwick Estate - Sauvignon Blanc - Wairarapa, New Zealand ($18.99)
Wine Authorities list of additives allowed in wine The corporate wine business demands that their wine be consistent and familiar using the cheapest grapes possible. This poor quality wine can be chemically adjusted with a tremendous number of ingredients to make it look, smell, taste and feel like the highly rated wines demanded by today's most famous wine critics. In general, small producers do not have the same need, laboratories, or interest in modifying their wines, so you rarely find these additives in their wine. Click the above image and be surprised by what you're likely to be drinking if you're buying wine off the grocery store shelves.
Virtual Tour https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x89ace428d67494c9:0x7c39610ea677f6ed!2m19!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m13!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/wine%2Bauthoritiesfirstname.lastname@example.org,-78.923377,3a,75y,0.61h,90t/data%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211sF-ooh1vXqdaaPbMjYHtReQ*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x89ace428d67494c9:0x7c39610ea677f6ed!5swine+authorities+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e2!2sF-ooh1vXqdaaPbMjYHtReQ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3ksahiO3TAhVB4CYKHc7mCFsQoB8IhwEwDQ
State of Things Interview Frank Stasio of WUNC's "The State of Things" interviewed the Grand Poobah Wine Swami and Salamanzar about Wine Authorities and our philosophy. You can hear the interview by clicking on the picture. The interview aired Tuesday November 25, 2008.
Article on Chemical Wine Making "Wine makers are packing their bottles with artificial additives that reduce wine to "alcoholic cola", according to an investigation." What you should know about the mass produced wines and the ingredients they don't want you to know about.
Durham - Crunchy on the Outside, Warm and Delicious on the Inside
Chow.com Top 10 Chow.com included Wine Authorities among five of the best wine stores in the U.S. in this top 10 list of imported wines under $10 this week. Check out the article by clicking the picture.